From the Manager Portal, click on your created administrator account on the left to show the menu bar.
This popup will allow you to update any details of your administrator account. From this popup you can enable or disable two-factor authentication, adding an extra layer of security by sending a SMS code upon login, or change your password.
Billing Email: An email notification will be sent to the supplied “Billing Email” address when the subscription/support contract is coming to an end.
This page will display a list of all accounts registered to your company, active invited guests and registered hardware. When managing your registered accounts, clicking on an account will allow you to update the name, email, username and privileges. From here you can also deactivate or delete an account.
When managing your invited guests, guests friendly name, invite type (i.e Email, WhatsApp, SMS or Link) and expiry date/time is displayed. Once a guest has exceeded the expiry time displayed, they will no longer appear on the active guests list. Selecting a guest will give you information on the highlighted guest. From the guest popup, you can change their display name, when the invite starts/expires and delete the guest invite.
When managing your hardware, you can view all servers and Quicklink hardware that are registered to your company account. The date/time the last time each hardware was active, and the current version number the hardware is on is also displayed. By selecting a hardware device, you can view additional information, including the serial number, and delete the hardware from your company account by pressing Delete Server. In addition, pressing the Manage Logged In Servers button will open pop-out window that allows you to view the input and output settings of all connected Quicklink Servers, and easily configure all connected Quicklink Servers settings from a single interface.
Manage Cloud Servers
To discuss the Cloud Server option, please contact the Sales team.
Clicking this option will give you access to some additional features from the Quicklink Manager. These options are as follows:
- Show Preview Button: When enabled, this setting will enable a preview icon to appear both on the device list and below the device in a room environment. Clicking this icon will open a window showing a preview of the device’s video/audio input and audio bars. From this window two-way offline communication is enabled allowing direct audio communication with the device. To select your microphone for communicating, use the ‘Audio Input’ dropdown option below the video preview.
- Show Stats Button: When this option is enabled a stats icon will appear below the device in a room environment. Clicking this icon will give stats based on the device, such as packets lost, frame rate, frame size and data rate.
Statistics - Key
packetsLost = amount of packets of data lost
googJitterBufferMs = actual variation in packet delay (milliseconds)
googPreferredJitterBufferMs = targeted (buffer) variation in packet delay
googFrameHeight/Width = camera frame size
- Show Buffer: When this setting is enabled an option to add a buffer will appear below any server devices in a room environment. This is set to 250ms by default, to amend the buffer, click the Server icon and then select the ‘Output’ tab. Enter your desired buffer (20ms-2000ms). Increasing the milliseconds of buffer will allow more time for packet re-transmission and FEC to be applied to improve the resilience, quality and stability of the call.
When these advanced settings are enabled they will appear in the portal environment as follows:
- Enable Notifications: When this option is enabled each action will trigger a popup notification within the Quicklink Manager. Notifications include when a user mute/unmute microphone, start/stop camera, raise hand and when a user has entered the Quicklink Manager.
- Enable Notification Sounds: When notifications are enabled, you can choose to enable/disable notification sounds, giving an audio alert when notifications are triggered. Enabling this option will show two additional options, allowing you to enable user entry sound and raised hand sound.
- Enable User Entry Sound – Option to play a notification sound when a contributor, Quicklink server or any other device connects or logs in.
- Enable Raised Hand Sound – Option to play a notification sound when a contributor raises their hand.
- Enable Rating: This option is enabled by default and makes an option appear in your interface that allows you to ‘Terminate user session’ by redirecting them to an end page with a call rating and feedback.
- Rating Redirect – The Rating Redirect option which is available when rating is enabled allows you to customise a URL that your user gets redirected to once their session is terminated. This is defaulted to the Quicklink website. Leaving this option blank will now redirect your user to another page.
From this popup you are able to create accounts. Please see below for layers of operational titles and controls. When you have created an account, an email will be sent to the provided email address with the account username, password and a link to complete registration.
- Administrator: Created when a new company account is created – This account cannot be deleted unless you contact Quicklink Support.
- Administrators: Can add ‘Managers, Operators and users’, connect calls and see logs.
- Manager: Has the same privileges as the Administrator but these accounts can be deleted and amended to operators or users.
- Operator: Operators can only make room connections and invite guests
- User: Can be put into calls for contributions and register studio server software.
The Invite Guest popup will allow you send an instant temporary account link via email, WhatsApp, SMS or generate a link for sharing via any other messaging medium. Enter a friendly name, select the method of inviting your guest and set the time validity for the link to expire. For the time validity, you either choose the number of hours or set a start/end date and time for expiry. The expiry time of a guest invite can be set from 1 to 1000 hours.
When selecting an email invite, an option will appear to amend the contents of the email invite. This can be used to add additional information, provide instructions in another language, or provide friendly notes/reminders.
When sending guest invites you will have the option to enable assisted mode. Assisted invite is a series of instruction screens that your guest is guided through to ensure they are fully prepared, set-up and tested to go into a live environment. As part of these steps, your contributor is guided through enabling access to their camera/microphone, configuring their camera, microphone and speaker, and troubleshooting. The contributor also runs through a quick test call to check their network status and that they have the recommended upload speed needed. We highly recommend this feature is enabled when sending guest invites.
View logs will allow you to see a log of all calls carried out within your company. Each call log entity will display the server, user, call length, start time and end time. Clicking a log displays the statistics for each, such as packets lost, frame rate, frame size and data rate. You can sort the logs by clicking on the column name. Clicking the column name once for results to be sorted in ascending order, clicking twice will sort results in descending order. This information can be exported to a CSV file by clicking the Export button.
Clicking Help will initiate a step-by-step tutorial of the Quicklink Manager. The tutorial will show you how to use the Quicklink Manager by explaining the layout, how to configure audio/video, how to start/stop calls, how to put contributors into calls and the control of the Studio-in-a-box. This tutorial will also automatically start the first time the administrator account is used.