Space and airflow requirements
To allow for servicing and adequate airflow, observe the following space and airflow requirements:
- Install the server in an access-restricted area.
- Keep the area in which the server is located clean and tidy.
- To facilitate heat dissipation and maintenance, keep a clearance of 800 mm (31.50 in.) between walls and the front and rear doors of the cabinet.
- Do not block the air intake vents. Otherwise, air intaking and heat dissipation will be affected.
- The air conditioning system in the equipment room provides enough wind to ensure proper heat dissipation of all components.
Temperature and humidity requirements
To ensure continued safe and reliable equipment operation, install the system in a well-ventilated, climate-controlled environment.
- Use temperature control devices 24/7x365 in all climates.
- In dry and humid areas, maintain ambient humidity within range with humidifiers and dehumidifiers respectively.
|Temperature||5°C to 40°C (41°F to 104°F)|
|Humidity||8% RH to 90% RH (non-condensing)|
There are two key cabinet requirements:
- A general 19-inch cabinet with a depth of more than 1000 mm (39.37 in.) which complies with the International Electrotechnical Commission 297 (IEC 297) standard.
- Air filters installed on cabinet doors.